djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Google: We Will Close The Door On Garage Door Spam
Barry Schwartz, Search Engine Roundtable
June 29, 2020

close-garage-door-1593201434.gif

As you know, Google said they would investigate the complaints around Google Maps spam with garage door installation and maintenance companies. Well, Danny Sullivan from Google said "we should see some improvements" around this in the "very near future."

This is after Joy Hawkins pointed out even more spammy fake businesses listed in Google Maps. She said "Garage door spam on Google Maps is out of control. I just looked at a SERP where 4/20 of the top listings were real businesses." She shared this example:

t-google-maps-garage-door-spam-1593201736.jpg

Read more...

While I see a small crackdown, I am not seeing all spam is gone. The example that Joy referenced were all removed, but there are a lot more in that area. Somebody else stated that they noticed 1000’s of fake listings were removed. I asked a few garage door companies and they noticed some spam is gone, while others just showed up.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom