More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Google My Business is now on Twitter! Before you get confused, I'll explain. You used to be able to tweet to @GoogleSmallBiz for GMB issues, and technically you still can, but the @GoogleMyBiz account is brand new and will be tweeting out features and updates about GMB things specifically. The @GoogleSmallBiz handle deals with more generic advice for small businesses.

Read the full details at the GMB forum.

re: Google My Business is Now on Twitter & Facebook!

Thanks for sharing Joy!

Glad to hear they're on FB too since that's where I spend most of my social time. Since I've never used it on Twitter (and now will use it a lot on FB), I have some pretty dumb questions.

Do they deal with all issues related to GMB?
Do you IM them or post on their wall?
What's average response and turn around time for simple corrections?

And it's not even Monday :p

Do they deal with all issues related to GMB? Yes, I would assume so
Do you IM them or post on their wall? Either/Or
What's average response and turn around time for simple corrections? I would anticipate 24-hours but that's my guess.

Thanks so much for keeping everyone informed Joy!
I just changed title to add FB, now that it's ready too.

Great find Joy!

Great find. I always thought it was odd that they didn't have support via other social platforms. Especially since the percent of people who aren't active on Twitter (or on the platform at all) is still pretty sizeable.

Oh hey, another avenue for terrible support! Wooo!
Haha, I hope this will help get some of the smaller issues taken care of more quickly. Having to call or email and wait days for anything to get done makes everything really difficult. Thanks for the post, Joy!

The social media support team is in California and my experience with Twitter in the last few months has been fantastic. It's incomparable to phone support which is run out of India.

I recommend everyone switch to Twitter/Facebook instead of phone support. It's 100x better. I haven't called GMB in over 6 months for anything.

The jury is still out on how well they can handle multi-location issues. They may be way better then India, but that support should be an embarrassment to $GOOG.

We are working with them on something right now that if it works will convince me that it is possible to get great support for complicated multi-location problems.

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom