More threads by ChrisDesrochers

Reaction score
I spotted this weird, single column SERP this morning. No OneBox, but rather a Knowledge Graphesque map box. Any insights?

H3xCRjZ.png

I have seen that before. Basically, they're foregoing any ad placement. And if you google for someone with a knowledge graph, like Bill Stern, you will see that KG in the right column.

Seems to be related to searching for a person by name. I wonder why they would forego the opportunity to place ads on that sort of SERP.

Thanks for sharing Chris.

Seems to be related to searching for a person by name. I wonder why they would forego the opportunity to place ads on that sort of SERP.

Maybe due to Christmas and Drs being closed today, everyone has ads paused?

Maybe, but it seems to be for other types of searches by persons' names. I think this may be more of a thing related to searches for people by name. Could be an experiment, could be just a bug or something, or could be some odd policy change by Google. Or something completely different. Or worse yet, something mandated by their lawyers. (just joking about that last one):D

Search for your own name, Linda, and I see the same thing. Do you?

Nope don't see it for my name. And for my name + city see the normal side knowledge panel.

Hmm.. Maybe I'm not understanding the point being made by the OP. Here's what I see for your name and for your name plus san marcos. They are both ad-free.

Name:

name.jpg

Name plus san marcos:

name plus city.jpg

name.jpg

name plus city.jpg

Hmm.. Maybe I'm not understanding the point being made by the OP. Here's what I see for your name and for your name plus san marcos. They are both ad-free.

Oh no Tim sorry. I thought you were talking about the single column with the map on top like Chris showed in the top screenshot. That one got a map because it's a Dr. But a regular person would not get a map.

I would not expect to see ads for my name. Don't think anyone would bid on my name.
There likely are not many searches for it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom