More threads by Luann

Luann

Reaction score
We just noticed this for one of our clients today. I looked at several other listings we manage and did not see if for others. I also checked through the forum but was unable to find this from anyone. If it's been discussed before, I apologize.

Has anyone seen a link to Single Platform on a GMB listing like this for Products & Services?

eastern-roofing-gmb.png

If you click on it, it goes to this:

eastern-single-platform.png

Is this like an ad for you to promote your products and services? How do they get that in your listing? It shows up even if I'm not logged into Google. If you click to claim the business it takes you to their site to purchase their menu.

Just wonder if anyone else has seen this or knows what's going on. Thanks!

Yes, our florists get a lot of these. Google auto-inserts the link in there and we just have to either remove it or leave it, depending on how accurate it is (it isn't always).

Thanks for the reply Cordell.

How do you remove it? I don't see it in the dashboard at all.

Hi! I have had this same problem before. About 4 or 5 months back, I called up SinglePlatform and talk to their rep about it. Basically he told me that they have a partnership with Google where they can add menus like these to any business on Google that does not already have a menu or products and services in their gmb. If you want to claim it and make the menu look more professionally you would have to pay and subscribe to their service.

There is an easy way to remove them. This way may sound sketchy but I've done it for my healthcare clients before and it works great. Also this way is only necessary if you don't see the singleplatform url in your gmb dashboard.
  1. Change their primary category to Restaurant
  2. The menu option will now be available to click on
  3. Erase the singleplatform url and click save
  4. Change their primary category back to what it originally was.
Hope this helps!

Jeffrey,
Thank you for the info. I tried it, but it didn't work in this instance. The link was still not showing in the dashboard even under menu. It was showing the company's url. When I deleted that the link for Single Platform finally showed, so I deleted. Then it was yelling at me for not having a business location, so I had to change the category back. I may just not have given it enough time to remove the link.

Thank you though for the input! It was definitely worth a try.

I ended up calling the company per Jon's suggestion. They said it should be removed within 48 hours. So, I will check back to see.

Thanks everyone for the help! Definitely a new one for me.

Thanks for the reply Cordell.

How do you remove it? I don't see it in the dashboard at all.
It's typically in the "Menu url" section of the Info tab. See below:
Menu url.png

We're usually able to just remove them from the listing just as you would remove the website or any other piece of info. Glad to see there are other workarounds as well!

1. Change their primary category to Restaurant
  2. The menu option will now be available to click on
  3. Erase the singleplatform url and click save
  4. Change their primary category back to what it originally was

This is the method I've used and had success as well!

I personally find it extremely frustrating they can commandeer listings without permission - especially for business types that don't' need menus (like attorneys, for example).

This is the method I've used and had success as well!

I personally find it extremely frustrating they can commandeer listings without permission - especially for business types that don't' need menus (like attorneys, for example).

I agree. I don't like that they can add a link like that. This client is a roofer, so they don't have the Menu url either. So strange. I checked today and the company did remove the link, so that's good.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom