More threads by Tyson LinkNow

Tyson LinkNow

Reaction score
Hello again!

For the last 2 days I have noticed that I do not receive email notifications when people request access to the Google My Business listings I manage. Typically, I receive email notifications saying "__________ has requested access to __________" and I am given the option to either reject or deny this access. However, for the last 2 days I have not been receiving these emails. In order to test this, I requested access to a listing I already have access to from a different account, and I still did not receive the email request.

Has anyone else noticed or experienced this issue? Because of the number of GMB's that my company manages, we rely on being able to request access and approve/deny these requests quickly, so not getting any notification is alarming. Also, I have not changed any of my notification settings in my account so that shouldn't be the issue.

Thanks!

We have this exact issue. Sometimes our clients have control of their listing and we send through the access request email and have them accept it (much easier for some of these people to click an email in their inbox than go to their GMB Dashboard and send an invite), and nobody we have worked with today has received the email when we've sent the request.

Definitely not just a "you" issue. Not sure what is causing it though; could be related to all the other little bugs Google has had with the Users on GMB lately.

Same here. Without doing a statistical analysis, I'd guess that we see a handful of such requests per day with how many listings we have access to. But by my record, the last email notification specifically for access requests was received on 10/14/19 (this does not count invites to grant us access, confirmations of us requesting access to a listing we don't have access to, or notifications about new users being given access).

The timing of this is ironic in light of this thread I started last month: Turn off access request notifications? - Local Search Forum. I wasn't looking to turn off the notifications for everyone! :oops:

Update for anyone else having this issue: it appears to have been resolved on my end, and I have been receiving the access request emails over the last few days.

Once again, same here. The switch must've been turned back on in Mountain View 😋

Old thread here, but same issue is happening once again. Without looking too deeply, the most recent email of this nature I've seen was on 11/30/20. We have all notification settings turned on in our agency account. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this once again.

Old thread here, but same issue is happening once again. Without looking too deeply, the most recent email of this nature I've seen was on 11/30/20. We have all notification settings turned on in our agency account. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this once again.
And we just stopped receiving notifications for messages. Until last week, we used to receive an email every time someone started a conversation on GMB chat. Then this stopped and it doesn't work ever since.

The setting is turned on. The email still has managing rights. It just doesn't work.

@Zhivko, you're referring to mobile app notifications, I'm assuming, since I don't think messages receive email notifications. Did your user account grow to be over 99 listings? @BenFisher covers this topic here (video here begins at the part where he talks about it):

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom