djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You can now add the Local Search Forum to your Home Screen for quick direct access (no need to load a browser). This may be especially welcome to those who like Tapatalk.

Source: Home Screen Installation

It is not fully supported yet in all browsers or operating systems. Those marked as green fully support it. Those in Lime green have partial support.

Compatible browsers.png

ANDROID MOBILE DEVICES
For most Android users, this will be automatic. Open the forum in Chrome or whatever the "Android browser" is, and you should see a popup offering to add it to the home screen.

If not, here are the manual instructions:
Chrome add to home screen.png

Just click on Settings and find Add to Home Screen and the icon will magically appear.

iPHONE
To use this feature on iPhone, you need one of the recent iOS upgrades, at least version 11.3.

I first tested this on an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS version 12.4.1. It worked in Safari for me; not in Chrome, Firefox, or Edge yet. Also tested on an older iPad with iOS version 12.4.1 with the same results.

Start by loading the forum in Safari.

Then click the "Share" arrow at the bottom of the screen and scroll down the options to find "Add to Home Screen":

iphone share button in Safari.png

Tap Add to Home Screen. And you're done. :)

Tapping that icon loads the forum immediately... No need to open a browser first. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Quick questions about citations (newbie here) Citations 2
Tim Colling VERY quick response to three reinstatement requests Google My Business & Google Maps 1
AndySimpson Quick guide for cleaning up Google My Business spam listings - includes examples Google My Business & Google Maps 2
James Watt Quick Survey: NAP cleanup and TOS compliance Consultant's Corner 22
profzam powerful magic ring for famous/promotions/quick money/protection +27839894244 Recycle Bin 0
profzam Quick money and business powerful spells +27839894244 Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter WordPress HTTP:// to HTTPS:// Quick Start Guide Websites, Software, and Security 0
JoyHawkins Quick Way to Get to Google Plus Page from Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet 10 Step Lightning Fast SEO Checkup - Quick SEO Mini Audits Organic SEO 0
Dustybones Local On-Demand Economy Matching Buyer to Seller More Quickly Local Search 1
djbaxter Quick update Mod Squad 3
S Quick Question About Local Ranking.... Help & Support for Google Local 14
A Google Places - Is this possible? Need advice quick Google My Business & Google Maps 6
J Penguin effect on Local? A quick story. Local Search 16
m_j_gregory G+ Local Edits Showing Quickly Google My Business & Google Maps 7
djbaxter A Quick Guide to Moderating vBulletin 4 Forums Mod Squad 2
L Quick Question Regarding Business Page Display Local Search 7
hajnasiewicz Granted access to Agency to admin Ads but they can't see all my chains..... Multi-Location Issues 0
Hammer GMB listing, can't find out who owns or request access All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
A Google My Business Provider Program API Access İssues Recycle Bin 0
annatindal Access Contact Us Messages 1
valentinb13 No support follow up on getting access to/ownership of existing listings Help & Support for Google Local 2
J Can You Access the Business Profile Performance Insights feature? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
N Looking for help to gain access to manage a GMB profile? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J How to make someone else admin without losing access? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J How to gain back access to my GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
freerunr Modifying embed code to better align with WCAG (accessibility) Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Access to Forums Contact Us Messages 1
djbaxter NEW How to renew your subscription to the LocalU Forums Access LocalU Technical Information and Help 0
K Gaining Access to Listing as a Site Manager Local Search 7
Theo1313 A lot of Unknown Users Requesting GMB Access Google My Business & Google Maps 12
A Facebook Page Lost Access Mobile & Social 3
P Organization Access Trouble Help & Support for Google Local 2
L Unable to Verify after Requesting Access Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Special Combination Upgrade: LocalU Forum Access + Expert’s Guide to Local SEO Admin Stuff 0
djbaxter NEW How to Subscribe to LocalU Forum Access LocalU Technical Information and Help 4
RFKSolutions Mass GMB Suspensions relating to Google Manager Access? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Annika Neudecker Google pulling in storage facility access hours Google My Business & Google Maps 3
K Help to access GMB page where no longer own email address Help & Support for Google Local 3
djbaxter Google's Package Tracking Early Access Program Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Thompsonpaul Access to account blocked due to "network sharing device/proxy". Contact Us Messages 1
T Not Receiving GMB Access Requests Google My Business & Google Maps 7
freerunr Turn off access request notifications? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Lanerizz GMB Suspensions After Being Granted Access Google My Business & Google Maps 25
Chaddow Transferring between two agency dashboards when only need access to one location group Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Chaddow Issue with requesting access to a location Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Glitch with accepting access to GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Conor Treacy GMB location, no verify, no access Google My Business & Google Maps 8