More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been done but I can't seem to find anything relevant when I search – but basically, is there any research into which types of keywords perform/convert better: a short/head keyword term vs a keyword+city term?

For example:
The generic term "pest control" tends to have significantly more search volume than "pest control City" searches do — but in terms of which one is better or may convert better, I would think the "pest control City" does better.

I don't have any data to confirm or deny that, and was wondering if there has been any research/case studies on this? If so, I would love it if anyone can link things here.

I asked one of our PPC managers for some data on the ads they run for this client and it seems like it was a mixed bag. In some localities the implicit targeted KWs performed better and in others the explicit targeted KWs did — there was nothing definitive in the data though.

A major difference is that (at least here in Quebec) Keyword+city have a high chance of normalizing to the point name. That is, if I search X+city name, Google will most likely (not always!, but very likely) treat this as though I were geographically located at the spot where the name is.

Here's a dramatic example. I have marked the city name and the office location. The first is just the keyword, the second is keyword+terrebonne.
1677083105376.jpg

1677083122634.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom