More threads by Kurt Steinbrueck

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a client that lost a legit review. So, I contacted GBP support and asked them to bring it back. They gave me the standard not-helpful answer about filters. So, I posted a request to reinstate the review on the GBP support community forum (Legit Client Review was Removed. Please Restore It. - Google Business Profile Community).

The response I got is..."Your business profile is violating the TOS. You are not allowed to show the address of a residential address without permanent signage. Since your business profile is in violation, we can't assist you here. "

The client is a pool contractor/builder and it is true that the address is his home address not a commercial address and there is no signage in front of his house. I don't think this has anything to do with the missing review, but I would like to get the review back.

Question 1:
Do I need to set their GBP to not display their address?

Question 2:
If I set their GBP to not display their address, will it affect their rankings? We've spent years getting them some really good rankings and I don't want to lose that.

Thanks.
Kurt

Question 1: Yes, Google will not reinstate the review if you don't.

Question 2: It should not affect rankings. Be sure to use a grid tracking tool to check rankings for your most important keywords before and after removing the address. Also, consult this guide to help with optimizations of an SAB How to Win at Local Search with Service Area Businesses - Sterling Sky Inc

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom