More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
I am getting mixed opinions about this guys. Should I bother to use "near me" at the end of kw's for local services so like "Plumber near me"?

Some are telling me there is absolutely NO reason to use those words within my content or tags since google will automatically show all local listings first, is this accurate or not please?

Hey @mikepcservice From the testing we have done at Sterling Sky I can tell you that doing "near me" optimization can have a major impact. It's not as simple as adding the word "near me" at the end of keywords though. You want to find ways to bake it into the content and have it make sense.

Well, that is the opposite of what everyone else is saying Colan.

Also I had thought about exactly what you said, to make it sound natural but cannot think of any way, would you be able to share just one example with me please?

Thanks but not understanding. if I type just the word "Plumber" on google it shows "Plumber near me" so I would naturally choose that option. If I were to have in my tags and content "I am an affordable plumber nearby", would that make me show up for plumber near me?

In theory yes, because they are semantically related. Only way to know for sure is to do some tests of your own!

Here is an example from one of our clients after doing near me optimization compared to before. I strongly recommend it and there's even a section on it in my training (which is a sponsor of this forum).
near me keywords 2.png

Thanks again Joy, I can use the word "nearby" but simply cannot find a sentence with the word near me, not even my 2 content writers seem to able to write content with these 2 words making it sound natural.

Thanks again Joy, I can use the word "nearby" but simply cannot find a sentence with the word near me, not even my 2 content writers seem to able to write content with these 2 words making it sound natural.
Maybe you could try adding something like ”Searching for plumbers near me?” to your content. Then add some text after this so it makes sense having this written on the page.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom