Reaction score
I'm working with a service-based business (home security business). Their Google Places listing has been around for a couple years now so it has the old dashboard.

I went in and uploaded 10 photos, changed the description, business hours, etc. and none of these changes are going live and it's been almost a month now.

Is this normal? If so, when can the client expect to see these changes go live? What's weird is when I submitted the changes it said the changes would be live within a day.

Travis Van Slooten

P.S. Is there anyway I can upgrade him to the new dashboard or are we at the mercy of Google to roll that out for him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Travis, we are experiencing the same issue with listings in the old dashboard. Photos and changes to the business description don't ever seem to update. I am convinced that the old dashboard is 95% dead.

This all goes away with the new dashboard. Almost all edits that I've made in the new dash go live within 20 seconds or so, including photos, description, hours, and even moving the map marker.

There was a form to request an early update to the new dashboard, but I haven't heard of it working for anyone. All we can do is wait.

Reaction score
Thanks, Colan, for setting my mind at ease. I was going crazy thinking I was doing something wrong or I missed an update on this issue along the way. I guess we will sit and wait.

Thanks.

Travis Van Slooten

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
What's weird is when I submitted the changes it said the changes would be live within a day.

Haha, that messaging never keeps up with the data updates. Been a looong time since anything went live in a day.

Travis, we are experiencing the same issue with listings in the old dashboard. Photos and changes to the business description don't ever seem to update. I am convinced that the old dashboard is 95% dead.

This all goes away with the new dashboard. Almost all edits that I've made in the new dash go live within 20 seconds or so, including photos, description, hours, and even moving the map marker.

There was a form to request an early update to the new dashboard, but I haven't heard of it working for anyone. All we can do is wait.

I agree no one has had luck with that form that I know of.
Think we just have to wait.

But at least now you know it's not just you!

Reaction score
No you are not alone. I've got several clients still on the old dashboard with nothing updating. I submitted the early upgrade request when it was originally available and still not update.
Will update when (if) I see anything change.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Chris Ratchford Anyone still stuck in the old Google Places dashboard? Google My Business & Google Maps 29
T Stuck With Old Dashboard and Changes Never Go Live NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
Christa Morgante Google My Business: Missing listings stuck in old dash. Help & Support for Google Local 12
Mmclean07 Locations Stuck In Processing? Multi-Location Issues 1
Gordon.Ligon SAB stuck in Pending after successful Post Card Verification 2+ months ago Service Area Businesses 2
O Apple Business Register Stuck in Pending Organic SEO 2
Cordell Crowley Re-opening "Temporarily Closed" Listings Stuck in "Under Review" Google My Business & Google Maps 3
rickmurphy Stuck in Pending also Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Tim Colling Address change to "unstick" new GMB listing stuck in "Review" Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Cordell Crowley Google Listings being stuck in "Pending Review" Google My Business & Google Maps 1
danielwallace GMB Listings Stuck in Pending Multi-Location Issues 5
obcted Knowledge Graph Profile Picture Stuck on a Dumb Image Local Search 9
Linda Buquet Stuck on the Link Building Piece of the Local Search Puzzle? Local Search 2
Priya Chandra Stuck in a Local Search rut? Local Search 1
H Client page stuck in verification/pending status Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D Im stuck.. How is this website Top 3 in local search? Local Search 5
grasshoppersean Stuck on keyword research. Help please. Local Search 5
C Relocated my business, was near the top of SERPS now stuck in ranking hell Moving or Name Changes 4
Chris_Cummins Relocated my business, was near the top of SERPS now stuck in ranking hell Moving or Name Changes 4
B Are Google+Local Pages Stuck with the Big Map? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Brian Alaway Places stuck for months in "Pending" state Help & Support for Google Local 27
A Old listing reflects the wrong information - But there's a twist. Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
k.ivanova Wikipedia page associated with old brand KP Ranking Puzzles 2
M Removing old GMB listing from previous owner of premises Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Old Listing Hijacked by another business Spam on Google 2
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
jpayne7 Business Moved Before GMB Verification (Postcard is Being Sent to Old Location) Moving or Name Changes 7
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
A Pointing SEO friendly domain to old domain and its effect on GMB ranking? Local Search 4
Antonio 4500 plus reviews suspended for a 26-year-old hotel business. Local Reviews 17
DanielTexasLira Business acquires another business. Should I rename the old GMB listing or label it as "Permanently Closed"? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
valentinb13 Current business GMB not showing up—Old Business is Google Duplicates & Merges 8
Ben Walsh GMB business name keeps getting reverted back to old name after branding change Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
eshad Google has merged accounts but is showing an old listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
K Competitor Republishing Old Reviews as New? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
L 2 year old website with no links, no content dominating local pack?? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
FriarTuck00 Moving, but Might Reopen Old Location Later - What to Do? Moving or Name Changes 1
j_holtslander Couple of 12 hour old reviewer accounts astroturfing client. Spam on Google 6
U What happened to my old profile and posts from productforums? Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
T Old Marketing Company Switches Us To Site Managers Google My Business & Google Maps 2
rutkap Facebook - Removing Old Unmanaged Listings Local Search 1
M 6 year old GMB listing suspended! Recycle Bin 0
T 6 year old GMB listing suspended! Google My Business & Google Maps 15
SmallBizGeek Google forums moving to new platform - save your old content Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
B Google Glitch Showing Old Review As Newest Local Reviews 4
Cordell Crowley Removing an old business from Yellowpages? Citations 3
Aly Kurtz Two Business Listings (1 old, 1 new) For Same Business Moving or Name Changes 5
officialryguy1 Old hotel photos NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
djbaxter Google Public DNS turns 8.8.8.8 years old Websites, Software, and Security 1