More threads by Patricia Ptacek

Reaction score
Does anyone have any best practices on how to deal with when a medical practice has a temp move for remodeling? We have a practice GMB and location page as well as provider profile pages and GMBs. Initially operations asked us to just add text to their practice location page for the temp move, but I am worried about patients putting the practice name into Waze or Google maps and ending up at the wrong place. We discussed the temp closed option with new listings at the temp location, but then I am left with a bunch of listings to mark as closed when they move back. Would you change the addresses at all of them and change them back?

How long are they going to be at the new/temporary location?

I would update the address on the existing listing and then change it back in 6 months.

Is there a particular reason why the recommended option is to update the original business listing's address instead of marking the original listing as temporarily closed and then setting up a new temporary listing (which would then be marked as permanently closed upon returning to the original location)?

(Also, sorry for reviving this old/resolved thread - I figured other people wondering how to handle this situation might find the thread and have the same question 😅)

Is there a particular reason why the recommended option is to update the original business listing's address instead of marking the original listing as temporarily closed and then setting up a new temporary listing (which would then be marked as permanently closed upon returning to the original location)?
Yes, because new listings generally don't rank well so if you can avoid it, that's better. You'd also be splitting up your reviews if you created a new listing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom