Reaction score
Sharing-Reviews-Legal-Industry.jpg

The Rules of Sharing Reviews in the Legal Industry

Reviews aren't complicated.

You do amazing work, then you ask your clients to talk about it. Simple, straightforward and easy, right?

When it comes to lawyer reviews, not so much.

If you're a lawyer, this is a problem.

The Modern Firm lists review or testimonial pages as one of the most visited pages on law firm websites. Research shows lawyer reviews and testimonials are an incredibly effective way to win new clients.
· 83 percent of clients use reviews as their first step in the research process

· 70 percent of clients would travel to work with an attorney who had better reviews

· 43 percent of clients use reviews to select an attorney

If you're unprepared, this is a crisis in the making.

Andrew goes on to detail where you can find each state's rules and regulations for sharing online review content (communications and advertising related policies.)

Read Andrew's full article here.

Anyone else work with lawyers and have any insights when it comes to the legality of marketing online reviews?

LSF_CTA.png

LSF_CTA.png

Sharing-Reviews-Legal-Industry.jpg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Good one Garrett and Andrew!

Legal reviews are hard to get to begin with. Who's going to say "I love my divorce atty" or "my BK atty did a great job" or thanks to Alpine Legal I got off pretty good on my DUI?

Then add on top the different regional regulations regarding reviews, marketing and solicitation in the legal space. This post is really helpful and a must read for any consultants that have atty clients.

Thanks, Garrett

Reaction score
Thanks, Linda!

I agree that it's important research done by Andrew, especially in importance for the legal industry.

Especially for agencies that specifically work for attorneys, most of them do their own due diligence.

For those agencies and consultants who work with only a few attorney clients, it's an essential reminder and good starting point for the necessary research.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Google rule for collecting reviews from a dedicated tablet inside a store ? Local Reviews 8
S Google just changed their rules for GMB posts: If you are a chain, you can now mass post to all your GMB locations using a GMB post scheduling tool Google My Business & Google Maps 6
A Storage Units - Are They REALLY Against The Rules? Local Search 3
vivekrpatel Is This Violation of Google Ratings Rule? Local Reviews 1
djbaxter FTC Rules that Selling Followers and Likes or Posting Fake Reviews is Illegal Local Reviews 8
Y My rivals violate all Google guideline rules but Google doesn't do anything.. Local Search 3
JoyHawkins Welcome Message and Forum Rules LSF News and Announcements 0
H Still Grappling with the BIG change in 301 redirect rules. . . Local Search 9
Margaret Ornsby Yelp court ruling: it's not extortion, just hard bargaining ?!? Marketing 3
HurricaneK8 Court Rules Tycoon can sue Google over autocomplete results! Organic SEO 1
Linda Buquet Unwritten Rule - Be Sure To Set Hours Right in Google My Business Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Dustybones WHITE BOARD FRIDAY: Sometimes you need to break the rules in SEO Local Search 0
E Yahoo Local Changes Rules for Removing Businesses Local Search 4
Linda Buquet How the Google Local Algo Really Works - What Rules the Ranking Order Google My Business & Google Maps 29
B On 7 pack but breaking all rules? Ranking Puzzles 1
B On 7 pack but breaking all rules? Ranking Puzzles 1
Phil Rozek Take the Google+Local Rules Quiz - Guest Post by Colan Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Rules for the Local SEO Tools Forum Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Linda Buquet Welcome & General Forum Rules Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Linda Buquet Rules for the Help & Support Forum - Please Read Before Posting Help & Support for Google Local 0
Linda Buquet Welcome Message + Please Read the Rules Before Posting Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Welcome Message + Please Read the Rules Before Posting Help & Support for Google Local 0
Linda Buquet Welcome Message + Please Read the Rules Before Posting Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Linda Buquet Welcome Message + Please Read the Rules Before Posting Google My Business & Google Maps 0
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Greg Bernhardt Sharing reviews between very similar products? Organic SEO 4
M Virtual Shared Space Listings Suddenly Suspended Multi-Location Issues 2
DanielTexasLira Has anyone done Local SEO on a Dual Pad Hotel (two different hotel brands sharing the same location)? Local Search 6
NevenaIvanova Can shared phone number lead to listing suspension? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
LocalSEODat Thinking of Saving Costs by Not Leasing 2 Local Offices in Vancouver & Toronto for Shared Office Space Google My Business & Google Maps 9
R Two Local Businesses Share One Address Local Search 3
sixthcitysarah For those in doubt...thought I would share this win Spam on Google 1
R Trends we're seeing (thought I’d share) Local Search 1
freerunr Share Location Group ID? (GMB Agency account question) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Thompsonpaul Access to account blocked due to "network sharing device/proxy". Contact Us Messages 1
M Sharing the Exact Same Address As Another GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
E Shared Medical Office Suite Google My Business & Google Maps 10
ChloeButterfill Share your favorite free Local SEO tools Local SEO Tools & Software 42
Belen C Listing sharing almost the same name Google My Business & Google Maps 8
djbaxter Social sharing a specific post in a thread How To Guides 4
djbaxter Editing a thread to show a large post image in social sharing How To Guides 0
P Affiliate Sites sharing locations in GMB Local Search 2
JoyHawkins Social Sharing Photos Admin Stuff 11
PaulSteinbrueck Local search engine market share? Local Search 9
Cherie Dickey Two businesses sharing space against Google's standards? Local Search 4
Garrett Sussman How To Share Online Reviews Proactively Using Social Media Local Reviews 2
PaulSteinbrueck Local Search Market Share? Local Search 0
Tim Colling Is it still worth it to share content to Google+ ? Local Search 11
M Investing in shares true payment evidence Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet 9 Local SEO Experts Share 1 Secret to Local Search Success - Search Engine Journal Consultant's Corner 2