More threads by JRS

JRS

Reaction score
For all or any of the local seo wizards out there, I have a somewhat tricky problem I'm confident I know next steps on, but I'm reticent that Google will somehow mess it up.

My client has two restaurants, X & Y. They are keeping the X location, but closing down the "brand" and concept that is X. They are closing down the physical location of Y but keeping that brand and name ( and subsequent profiles i.e GBP, Yelp, Apple, etc ) and moving it to X's location. ( they own both ). They definitely want to keep Y's profiles because the amount of reviews and star rating ( 4.8 ) are considerable.

I'm assuming the best steps are

1. update the current Y website ( which you should keep ) with the new location details ( NAP ).
2. close down the listings ( GBP, etc ) of the concept / brand X you're closing ( at the address Y will be moving too ).
3. once that is complete, start switching over the address ( potential phone number ) on the current Y profiles ( which we are highly incentivized to keep because the volume and star rating are massive )

am I missing anything?

Solution
That's pretty much what I would do myself. You may have to wait until the Y brand is fully up at X's location before you can fulfill the video validation, though (yeah, google asks for video validations for moves too now)
That's pretty much what I would do myself. You may have to wait until the Y brand is fully up at X's location before you can fulfill the video validation, though (yeah, google asks for video validations for moves too now)

Reactions: JRS
Solution

That's a good point. The video validation. so tedious and horrendous ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom