Reaction score

Online-Review-SaaS-Solution.jpg

White Label or Preferred Vendor: How To Approach Your Online Review SaaS Solution?

Your client is going to ruin everything.

You’ve worked hard to get them to where they are now. You’ve sent an army of customers their way. They’ve seen a dramatic increase in their sales and revenue. Because of your hard work and your client’s willingness to trust you.

But for one reason or another your client’s negative reviews are on the rise. Customers are leaving hostile, sometimes nasty reviews about your client.

Your hard work is fading away.

This disaster is a threat to your client’s survival and an implicit black mark on your portfolio. Like it or not, their failure reflects badly on you because they’re your client.

It’s completely unfair, I know.

Your client wants you to do something. They want a crisis management plan – something to stop the negative reviews. But they also want a way to eliminate the damage in the future.

You know enough about review management to be dangerous, but it’s not your core business. You may not be – but right now it feels like you’re in over your head.

You need help to dig your client out of this mess

A SaaS Online Review Management and Marketing tool can help you avoid a lot of unnecessary headaches. The question is, do you look for something you can white-label or go with the preferred vendor option?
Which one is right for you and your client?

The right solution gives you…

The ability to manage your business and your client relationships the way you need to. What does that mean?

WHITE LABELING IS PROBABLY A GOOD FIT IF…

• Your agency is (or will be) a one stop shop
  • You’re bundling the white label product with your services
  • You’re bundling white labeled products with your products
  • You have a unique system, process or strategy you use with the products you’ve white labeled
  • You want your clients to have the ability to self manage their online review management and marketing while you act as a consultant

If you plan on giving your clients more help, service or support, white labeling is often the better choice. If clients need help, they come to you – you’re paid for your expertise.

ACTING AS A PREFERRED VENDOR IS A GOOD IDEA IF…

• You want to focus on your core business
  • You’re looking to sell online review management and marketing services, (where you’re doing the management) using a preferred vendor behind the scenes
  • You don’t want to give your clients full white label access.

Acting as a preferred vendor gives you the tools you need to manage your client’s reputation; the right solution gives you the tools you need without having to give clients full white label access. It’s not as transparent, but it doesn’t have to be if you’re providing A to Z support.

These options come with hidden problems

When you’re choosing between white labeling or acting as a preferred vendor two problems come into play.

As an agency there are two kinds of client relationships:

1. Constrained relationships. I have to stay with my agency.
2. Dedicated relationships. I want to stay with my agency.

Constrained relationships have some kind of economic moat, a competitive advantage that makes leaving painful for your clients. Think Coca-Cola’s secret recipe, Google’s search algorithm, Amazon’s One Click and Prime programs, etc.

Walking away from these providers tends to be very painful.

They’re an entrenched part of your life so losing them means you lose a lot of other significant benefits.

Dedicated relationships
on the other hand, last longer than pure constrained relationships. Think about the fanatical loyalty displayed by Apple, Harley Davidson and Tesla customers.

Relationship is the foundation. These customers believe in the company they support. There’s intimacy and closeness. These customers believe they’ll be protected, that the brands they follow will serve and take care of them.

While it’s ideal to have both, that may not be the case for you right now. Your client’s relationship with you and your agency should play a heavy role in the options you choose.

In this post, Andrew goes on to discuss the pros and cons of each solution and how to make that decision for your Agency. He also addresses how to communicate the choice to clients.

Discussion: Dedicated and Constrained relationships has become a big discussion point recently when it comes to SaaS Listing solutions. Is this an issues for ORMM SaaS solutions?

As an Agency, do your services lead to Dedicated Relationships with clients or Constrained Relationships?

Read the full post here.

Online-Review-SaaS-Solution.jpg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Sergio Borges Looking for White Label Local SEO & Social Media Services? Recycle Bin 0
JoyHawkins Looking for White Label Local SEO & Social Media Services? Local Search 14
G Best White Label AdWords Management Partner? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Linda Buquet Grade.us White-label ORM & Review Management Solutions Local Reviews 1
Ben Walsh Reputable White Hat Backlink Providers Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
G Bright Local vs. Synup vs. White Spark Consultant's Corner 8
J Infographics: Doesn't Get More White Hat Than This Local Content 3
JustinB Infographics: Doesn't Get More White Hat Than This Local Content 3
Eric Rohrback White Papers/eBooks - Are you using these Consultant's Corner 5
Linda Buquet Confessions of a Google Spammer - Journey From 50K a Month to White Hat Organic SEO 4
Dustybones White Board Friday: What You Need to Know About Technical SEO Organic SEO 1
Linda Buquet 90 SEO Experts Share their Best White Hat Link Building Tips - Ahrefs Blog Organic SEO 2
Dustybones White Board Friday: Does Pure Brand Strength Affect Your Ranking? Local Search 2
H Google Maps Pin showing up White with a Red Square Google My Business & Google Maps 5
L Hardcore Info about Duplicate Local Business Listings - Video & Free White Paper Google Duplicates & Merges 2
Linda Buquet Hardcore Info about Duplicate Local Business Listings - Video & Free White Paper Google Duplicates & Merges 2
Dustybones WHITE BOARD FRIDAY: Sometimes you need to break the rules in SEO Local Search 0
B Updating White Pages without Yext Citations 7
E White Death Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
iwebresults White pages edit leads to Yext Local Search 8
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Outsource White Hat SEO? Consultant's Corner 16
Linda Buquet Insight Into Local Search Listing Management - IAB White Paper Local Search 0
B Using with text and links on white background to game Place? Ranking Puzzles 5
B Using with text and links on white background to game Place? Ranking Puzzles 5
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
J Why is my label in Google Maps blue instead of red? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Shelly "On the menu: [item]" visual label in local pack Help & Support for Google Local 3
Greg Bernhardt GSC live test blocked resources with "Other Error" label Organic SEO 2
DanielTexasLira Business acquires another business. Should I rename the old GMB listing or label it as "Permanently Closed"? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
W *URGENT* Business incorrectly labeled as "duplicate listing." MY BUSINESS WILL CLOSE IF UNRESOLVED!! Contact Us Messages 1
CarrieHill GMB Now Showing Takeout & Delivery Labels in Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 1
hajnasiewicz GMB Listings Allowed for Grocery: Private Label Brands Service Area Businesses 2
D "In between" Label Appearing in Local Finder Recycle Bin 0
Colan Nielsen "In between" Label Appearing in Local Finder Google News: Important Changes & Features 9
Colan Nielsen NEW Black “Ad” Label Appears in 3-Pack on Desktop Paid Search and Local Service Ads 9
hajnasiewicz Grocery: Private Label Brands Service Area Businesses 1
Chay Google Map Place labels Help & Support for Google Local 2
Ben Bowen GMB "Advanced Information" Labels? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
M Duplicate Pages - Correct SEO Labelling Organic SEO 3
F Relocated label still exist? Moving or Name Changes 3
freerunr Relocated label still exist? Moving or Name Changes 3
djbaxter Google Testing "Slow To Load" Warning Label In Mobile Search Results Mobile & Social 1
djbaxter Getting Google to remove reviews that label staff racist and autistic Local Reviews 4
A Reservations Preferred link Google My Business & Google Maps 11
djbaxter Preferred Domain in Google Search Console deprecated Google News: Important Changes & Features 4
djbaxter Question: Which would you prefer? Events 2
Linda Buquet Pros Discuss: How to Get Google My Business to show your Preferred Image Google My Business & Google Maps 2
jaywilner Using legal name of business for updating citations versus client preferred name? Citations 8
E Google preferring EMDs for location based service oriented keywords? Local Search 6
M Brand New Business: Suite, Ste, or # Preferred? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6