More threads by consultant

Reaction score
It appears Marissa Mayer is desperately trying to increase Yahoo's revenue. I cannot for the life of me find a way to submit a new business to Yahoo Local without going through a paid submission service.

Any backdoors?

Last edited:
Yahoo Local Listing Submit SOLVED: Use Yext to Submit

Ya, I found that thread right after I posted this. Sorry for the impatient post but a lot of those threads aren't to the point as the solution took lots of discussion before it was concluded so at least maybe this thread will give someone with the same question a quicker answer. :)

Re: Yahoo Local Listing Submit SOLVED: Use Yext to Submit

Thanks for the link fabaziou.

Has anyone had any joy submitting to Yext in the UK? The above form only allows US businesses to submit.

Thanks in advance!

Raj - Thanks for laying out the steps. I tried following this process, but am having some trouble trying to get a client listed.

It started out fine and I found the SMB listing in Yahoo Local and chose the option to verify. At that point, I get the "Great News" dialog that starts the listing scan.

Once I click on that, the scan never completes and I am seeing a message saying "This Location Has Power Listings" and gives me the option to logon to Yext. I can confirm that the location does not have a paid Yext subscription, but I do have a logon.

After I log on, I can see the listings, but there are no services attached to them. If I choose "add services" the only options shown are the paid choices - premium package or complete package. There is an option under Yahoo Listing Status that says opt in/out. However, when I try to opt in, I get a message saying "there was an error while opting in."

My question - If a SMB already has power listings but is not subscribed to a paid plan, is it still possible to submit them to a free yahoo listing?

Scott,

With the basic or free Yahoo listing you can submit the NAP data only, any enhanced content will require a subscription.

I have submitted my client and many others using the free listing. I have never once received the email to verify the listing. Yes I have looked at my spam filter.

I agree that Yahoo listings just don't work unless you pay Yext it's pirate penalty. These days I just ignore Yahoo. I figure if they have a selective directory like this they are just running themselves out of business.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom