Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Just in the process of combing through the new Google My Business Help Center and thought this was insightful:

• Suite or office numbers may be added after your street name and number. For example: “145 Main St., Suite 120, London, E1 1AA”
No reference to Address Line 2.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/2853879?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=4596754

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was hoping that we could get some clarification on the suite # and where to add it. There is conflicting information between the two sources.
Google Places Guidelines specifically state line 2
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

As Colin pointed out the My Business Guidelines do not specify:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/2853879?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=4596754

I ask this question because there are many instances where the suite #
1. does not display on the Google+ page
2. is removed when the listing is pin code verified

I know that I can add to Map Maker - which unfortunately displays at the beginning of the address but I feel that there might be a larger issue behind the suite dissapearing from the listing.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thank you in advance

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Brandon,

Welcome and thanks for joining and posting.

I'll try to remember to ask Google later today if Colan has not yet. Might just be an oversight with the update. Or could be a change they have not mentioned.

My inbox is totally buried. Need to play catch up.

Colan have you asked about this or found out any more, before I bother Google again, because I think they are swamped like me due to the launch.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Colan asked Google management and I chimed in and linked to this post and alerted to Brandon's Qs/concerns.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Great catch Colan! You earned your TC stripes now! :)

Thanks for letting everyone know.

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the clarification. That was Fast!

Does anyone else have any experience with the suite # not displaying? or being removed when the listing is verified?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Happens often. If what's in dash and live is different best option is to call support.

Especially for Suite# because if you try to add in MM it will usually do it backwards.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
You are very welcome and welcome once again.

Call this your home away from home! :p

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Colan Nielsen GMB Adds Coronavirus Help Center Link in GMB Dashboard NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
C GMB Help Center - Suite# Goes on First Address Line NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 13
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
N Looking for help to gain access to manage a GMB profile? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J Gmb help please: 2 offices merged into 1 office Google My Business & Google Maps 3
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
C Help: new owner for biz, former employee created GMB, posting offensive photos and won't relinquish Help & Support for Google Local 12
Toby 39 Celsius Help - GMB suspends listing, claims dup but there are no dups Help & Support for Google Local 6
hajnasiewicz GMB Help Community Forum All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
EmilyW Need Help w/Requesting New GMB Postcard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
K Help to access GMB page where no longer own email address Help & Support for Google Local 3
Avi My GMB Listing Keeps Getting Suspended. Please help! Google My Business & Google Maps 7
W Do keywords in Google My Business (GMB) reviews help ranking Local Reviews 3
LocalSEODat Can someone help with this Top Snack Pk ranking fake GMB listing? Spam on Google 3
M Does the geo-location of the review help with a GMB listing to rank better in that area? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
eitskowitch GMB Duplicate, please help! Google Duplicates & Merges 4
MChuckGreen Duplicate + Spam GMB Listing - Please Help with Removal Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Chaddow Help with removing GMB Amenities Google My Business & Google Maps 5
iwebresults Help - 2 Different Addresses and GMB Listings - for 1 Business Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Paul Abrahams New Brand Page and GMB closed account - help! Google My Business & Google Maps 9
O GMB has correct zip, but not maps or search. HELP! Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet GMB Locations: Helpful Workflow Update Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet 5 Ways Understanding Differences Between Map Maker & GMB Guidelines Can Help You Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet New Google Local (GMB) Phone Scams Help Doc Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Google Support Says GMB Description Helps Rankings? Pigeon Ranking Signal Change? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
greenworld_ GMB Products Image Size Google My Business & Google Maps 0
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
R GMB star rating popup on mobile Local Reviews 4
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
chrism Local Competitor Keyword Stuffing/Similar Words In GMB Spam on Google 2
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Nikki Stine GMB for Gun Shop pulls in 'FFL Transfer Fee' pricing from a Facebook Post. Is this normal? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
D GMB showing 2 Review sections at Zero Google My Business & Google Maps 0
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jeffrey Marking GMB as moved Moving or Name Changes 6
B Compare/Contrast different GMB location's data? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
B GMB listing missing from search, dashboard and GSC. Yikes!!! Help & Support for Google Local 3
D Backlinking for GMB Local Search 1
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
Scott ClientClicks How to get GMB to show social media icons in knowledge panel? Google My Business & Google Maps 4