More threads by peterataylor

peterataylor

Reaction score
Hi, and Good Morning, I am looking for and pointers or help with my GMB profile.

In August 2021 my SAB business was suspended for showing a physical address. After reinstatement it got the reinstatement bug which was resolved some time later.

When the business was reinstated I changed the business name from Manchester Plumbing and Heating to Manchester Plumbing and Heating (Sale).

Since that time I have worked tirelessly updating business directories that were showing the old business address.

The business has 187 reviews and had 47 new 5 Star reviews since then. (10 have been removed around the reinstatement time by the new Google AI review tool).

The business used to rank in he top 3 of the pack for all the relevant keywords until the business was suspended.

Over the last few months the rankings have slowly deteriorated over time instead of improving.

I have been posting regularly, adding photos, products etc which hasn't seemed to help. (Something that my competitors are not really doing).
I have also spent quite a long time to Stop The Crap On The Map and continue to do so.
My website ranks pretty well in the organic search results.

Could anyone suggest a way to help or improve my GMB listing and maybe suggest something that I am doing wrong. I think I have an SEO issue but I am no expert.

Thank you.

Regards
Peter Taylor
Manchester Plumbing and Heating (Sale)
15 Broomville Avenue
Sale
Cheshire
M33 3DD

Solution
When you say "all the relevant keywords" what keywords do you mean exactly? Also, what area are you trying to rank the GMB listing in? Your business name has Manchester in it, but the business is located in Sale, which is outside of the borders of Manchester. If you are trying to rank this GMB in Manchester the fact that you are not technically IN Manchester will affect your ability to rank for certain keywords in that area.
When you say "all the relevant keywords" what keywords do you mean exactly? Also, what area are you trying to rank the GMB listing in? Your business name has Manchester in it, but the business is located in Sale, which is outside of the borders of Manchester. If you are trying to rank this GMB in Manchester the fact that you are not technically IN Manchester will affect your ability to rank for certain keywords in that area.

Solution
Hi Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to reply to my query.

The relevant keywords I used ranked for were as follows...
boiler repair, boiler repair Sale, plumber, plumber Sale, boiler repair M33, plumbing, plumbing M33, new boiler, new boiler Sale etc, Pretty much any keyword that was relevant to my plumbing and central heating business.

Sale is a suburb of Manchester. The business postcode is M33 3DD which is a Manchester post code. (M for Manchester, 33 for the area Sale, etc, etc)

I am trying to rank my GMB listing in and around the area of the business address.

The address of the business address has never changed on my website, business directories etc, which are all mostly consistent.

Here is the link for the address that appears on Google Maps. 15 Broomville Ave · 15 Broomville Ave, Sale M33 3DD, UK

I have always used the same business address in the link and added the county (Cheshire) to it.
Manchester Plumbing and Heating (Sale)
15 Broomville Avenue
Sale
Cheshire
M33 3DD

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you again for taking the time to respond to my query.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards
Peter Taylor.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom