More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I have not had time to fully research this and have not seen anyone else blog it, yet so just wanted to share really quick. Wasn't even sure what to call it because so far have not seen official announcement anywhere.

Check it out - A search for "Things to do in San Diego" yields a new type of search result with image scroll bar across the top. Pretty cool. >>>

<center></center>

Same type of display for "Tourist Attractions in San Diego" or "Things to do in Boston". Those are the only searches I've done so far.

Hat tip to GreenBananaSEO.com who sent me the tip in a Tweet.

Will add more to bottom of this post as I learn more…

Or you guys add whatever you find out since I'll be offline most of the day.

It'll be really interesting to try to figure out what qualifies as a "mention"...whether it's a "mention" in the more traditional sense, i.e. social meda...or whether it's driven by citations (either incomplete or complete), links, etc.

I emailed Matt McGee editor at Search Engine Land, to see if this was brand new or if he knew anything about this. He said it's part of the following test - a story that broke on Search Engine Land.

<a href="http://searchengineland.com/googles-expandable-knowledge-graph-test-128545">Confirmed: Google’s Expandable Knowledge Graph Test</a>

I remember seeing that story but the example was for a product, not local, so it didn’t really jump out at me at the time. So I guess this is a LOCAL application of the Expandable Knowledge Graph Test.

Linda,

Do you think this could end up in local search? This type of "knowledge graphs" an "toursit" graphs. It says it pulls info from 'frequently mentions on the web' - think that is searches that relate to that city. must be slash GEO address. hmmm interesting to see this.

this will be big to attractions biz.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom