More threads by Dan Foland

Dan Foland

SEO Director at Postali
Local Search Expert
Reaction score
This is pretty anecdotal, but in the past few days I've noticed an increase in twin & triplet Google results.

For example, when I search 'black friday deals' the first 3 organic results I get are all from the same website. I'll add that this website is pretty good at what it does and has solid information. But this just isn't a good user experience.

BlackFriday8.png

I would have expected this type of result in 2006 when exact & broad match keywords were what SEO was all about.

IMO Google is still in the middle of major tests and i'd venture to guess that we still have a long way to go until we see SERP stability.

Funny, it's a lot better in Canada (where Black Friday is NOT as big of a deal since our Thanksgiving is in October).

I'm actually really impressed with Walmart's title tag.

black friday canada.png

I've been doing more research and am continually getting similar/worse results.
My most recent research is showing that 10/11 non-video results are coming from 3 websites.
BUX.png

Earlier today I was also seeing the first 4 organic results from the same website:
connnect4.png

I can't say i've ever seen this for non-branded queries. Like I mentioned in the original post this just isn't a good user experience and I have to assume that Google is either testing something and/or will be updating their algo soon.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom