More threads by Jim Froling

Solutions
Reaction score
Client, guitar instructor, is moving to a location inside a music store. Years ago I heard that Google basically penalized businesses within a containing location by pounding their rankings.

Is that still the case? Does anyone have any recent experience? Advice?

If the music store's listing is using the category for guitar instructors, then it's likely they could get filtered. If that's not the case, you should be okay but the filter would make it so that these 2 listings are competing and thus only one would likely show for a search on Google.

If the music store's listing is using the category for guitar instructors, then it's likely they could get filtered. If that's not the case, you should be okay but the filter would make it so that these 2 listings are competing and thus only one would likely show for a search on Google.
I should have watched your presentation @whitespark Summit before asking the question. As always, another great presentation and I learned a bunch.

Still, SERPs on Google Search or Maps seems so random. The same client that is moving has 34 #1 positions according to Bright Local, including many on Maps. Yet they don't have a label. Hmmm.

With travel being discouraged lately, look at the bright side. You won't lose as much baggage ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom