More threads by JoyHawkins

Seeing "custom services" for "Moving and Storage Service" too.

1567000095600.png

Does anyone know if the description in the Services has to be unique content? We are a franchise company and would like to find out if we can use same content in service description for each location. Thanks!

I'm not seeing it yet for any of my tree care/arborist or landscaping clients. I can add sections and options, but not "custom services".

Seeing it today for Contactor and Insulation Contractor in a new GMB profile.
Haven't seen it in any of our other clients yet (sector is hvac, insulation contractors, solar installers) but we also filled in the Services section where we could to pre-empt single.platform from auto-filling with garbage.
Side note, the service categories offered are pretty bad for both Contractor and Insulation Contractor--as they relate to what those companies usually do--and are exactly the same.

Our use of Building Inspector and Home Inspector is our far from perfect answer to the lack of an Energy Auditor business category.

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 11.29.05 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 11.28.56 AM.png

I've been testing it a lot recently and I have a list of ~50 or so categories that it triggers for.

It's also the same predetermined list of "services" for that each business category for anyone who was wondering. I.e. Insulation Contractor A will have the same list of attribute-like services to choose from as Insulation Contractor B will.

My biggest outstanding question is in regards to accounts that already had Services Info custom filled out, whether they still get these options or if these are just for people who have them blank.

I have a jeweler for example that we did extensive work filling out Services and has none of this new stuff on their of their profiles. I guess I could delete it to test but would like to find out first if anyone else has blazed this trail.

But I don't see the results of any in Maps or Search yet.

My biggest outstanding question is in regards to accounts that already had Services Info custom filled out, whether they still get these options or if these are just for people who have them blank.

I have a jeweler for example that we did extensive work filling out Services and has none of this new stuff on their of their profiles. I guess I could delete it to test but would like to find out first if anyone else has blazed this trail.
We haven't deleted any yet to test, but ours is the same situation where if it was previously filled out then it does not get the new options- it just retains the old information that was input.

Even if the business has 10 categories and only had 1 "service" previously filled, it doesn't prompt the new Services at all and just still shows that 1 service with the "add more" option.

Mine changed. If you look at post #24 you will see that I had the old Section and Item thing. A few days later I deleted all my items and sections.

Today I go there to look and find it updated:

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 1.22.06 PM.png

One thing to add that I find interesting, these are the EXACT same services as the "Job Types" listed for us to choose in Google Local Service Ads.

Thank you Ampere!! Seems like something worth testing to see if results go up or down with custom or using Googles.

I'm new here, hello. :)

I got the new services feature and I'm not happy with it.

In my opinion, earlier version was better, had a description, could served as a price list and was visible in Google Maps application, mobile knowledge panel and GMB website. Now I can add only services headings which depends on the category and it's visible in Google Maps application only.

Is there possible to back to earlier version of this feature or make a price list in different form and link it in panel as menu URL?

Hey MaxeL,

There is a current issue with the services section not showing on the GMB website. I don't know of a way to revert it to the old version (I don't think this is possible).

It's a pity. I will go make price list in different form in that case.
And I will write an opinion direcly to Google help on Twitter.
Thanks for reply.

It's been two weeks since my posts with complaining about "new" services.
I logged in to GMB panel today and got even newer version.
Description and prices are back. I'm happy again with it. :)

opera_2019-12-09_20-35-22.png
opera_2019-12-09_21-00-51.png
opera_2019-12-09_20-48-49.png

Last edited:
Update: Seeing it now for lawfirms in Canada. But not every location.
eg: Client A with 7 locations has the new interface on only 2 of their locations.

This biggest annoyance is that the description's content area has been reduced from 1000 characters to 300 characters.

I come back to the topic.

I would like to ask if descriptions and prices are displayed in Google Maps app and mobile knowledge panel for you from new services editor. For me it's not working, only headers are displayed.

Services are displayed on G Maps app as "menu"only , Products will show on desktop only.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom