Chris Ratchford

LocalU Member
Reaction score
I'm writing an article on Google Business View for an upcoming dental practice management newsletter.

I'd like know if anyone here- agencies and SMBs- has hired a Google-trusted photographer and what their overall experience was.

It seems that the pricing is up to the photographer now. I recall when Google initially rolled this out, that they dictated the pricing. Now it looks like the photographer sets the price.

I received a number of quotes for my ortho client in NYC... the prices ranged from $200 - $800.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Yes, pricing is like web design, can vary based on scope and what caliber of photographer they think they are. But largely based on how many shots they feel are needed and opinions there could vary as well.

Lots of our pros are trusted photogs so would weigh in more on the pricing.

TONS of info here too Chris: <a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/tags/businessview.html">#businessview</a>

The bottom one is probably the most comprehensive post I've done on BV.

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/google-local-important/20025-dynamic-google-business-view-get-your-creative.html">DYNAMIC! Google Business View: Get your Creative Juices AND Your Traffic Flowing!</a>

whitesell

Reaction score
I just joined, this is my first post here!

I'm a Trusted Photographer in Canada. I've been in the program for a couple years and would be pleased to answer any questions about it.

The price is set by the photographer since they are independent businesses working basically as Google contractors. There is a huge difference in quality between photographers, which is part of the price inequality. Another factor is whether the photographer is a serious businessperson who knows the cost of doing business, or someone who just wants to make a few bucks, happy with minimum wage before expenses. It's a lot like web design in that way.

You can check out my website for the product I offer here:
Google Inside Tours, Edmonton and Alberta

What else would you like to know?

Regards,
Jim

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks Jim and welcome! We have quite a few Trusted Photographers that are members here and that take my training, so you are in good company.

Another pricing factor I've heard mentioned is the scope of the project.

Just like web design, one company might low ball you with a 5 page site and say that's all you need. Another is higher end and has all kinds of creative ideas for making your business shine and it's going to take more pages, or in this case shots, to accomplish.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Linda Buquet Google My Business After the Dust: What Experts Say Now - Videos & Opinions Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Conor Treacy Google asking opinions in search results Local Search 1
Matt Chauhan Opinion on entering service areas within the GMB dashboard for Brick and Mortar Businesses NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Theo1313 Opinions Wanted - hyphenate or not to hyphenate Local Search 3
LocalSEOLondon 100% Owner Controlled Attributes Relative GMB Ranking Factor Opinion poll (April 2020) Google Algorithm Discussions 5
Shelly Opinions wanted: Answering Q&A on another GMB panel (within a different category) as a business in the same town Google My Business & Google Maps 8
dave101 Need Opinion on Office Locations Service Area Businesses 7
W Opinions on pictures for my business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
K Not The Best Practice for a GMB / Citations Name Change...and I need opinions. Moving or Name Changes 3
Nikos Canonical disaster - How do you treat pagination? [Opinions] Organic SEO 8
Linda Buquet Reviews: What's the Difference Between Libel & Opinion? $350K in Damages Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet New Local 3 Stack: Local Pro Opinions Roundup on the Change that Rocked our World Google My Business & Google Maps 17
Tim Colling Bruce Clay SEOToolSet: Opinions? Local SEO Tools & Software 17
Bernadette Coleman Re: Need opinions about synup.com Recycle Bin 1
E Can I get opinions here from the Gurus? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Eric Rohrback Need opinions about synup.com Local SEO Tools & Software 33
S Local Expert Opinions Sought: PPC and "parlaying" reviews in &-Pack Local Reviews 8
Chase Billow H1 Question - Opinions? Local Search 8
MiriamEllis Consensus Of Opinion On Suite Number Acquisition Local Search 3
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 0
Nikki Stine Are negative Google reviews due to supply shortages considered 'off-topic'? Local Reviews 2
Jeffrey Taylor Adding a new category to Google my Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
david.victor Attribute used as Category by Google on Maps NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
M Google Search Console Errors "Coverage and Breadcrumbs"? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Lachlan_Wells Accept/Discard Google Updates - Does this feature work for you? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
E "Duplicate" Profile That Google Claims We Already Manage? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
T Can a Credit Union Create Google Posts Without Falling Under Prohibited Content? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter Google My Business Bug Dropping SAB Businesses In Independence, Kansas Service Area Businesses 1
JamesGreenaway Google Insights query Google My Business & Google Maps 1
RobertCarnitas Google Posts Live on GMB, But Not Showing in GMB Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
NexstarNickR Google Star Rating: LSA vs. GMB All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
JoyHawkins Google Testing 2-Packs on Mobile Google News: Important Changes & Features 4
Paul Gregory Google Maps default location bias distance and the Google Maps Places API Google Algorithm Discussions 2
Chris Ratchford Google Analytics - setting up goals for click-to-call Organic SEO 2
L Google ranking in Legal Field Organic SEO 1
Cherie Dickey Something funny going on in Google Maps... am I missing something? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
hajnasiewicz Google Marketing Kit: Create Video Local Content 3
S Google LSA Lead Board - How to manage? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
krystaltaing Google My Business Bulk Verification Limit Reached? Multi-Location Issues 0
K Unable to get verified in Google for SAB Local Search 14
Matt Chauhan Google Maps showing category that doesn't even exist Local Search 1
djbaxter Brightlocal Tool shows Large Google Local Search Algorithm Update March 10, 2021 Google Algorithm Discussions 1
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
F Google Maps Citation confusion? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
K Google requiring storefront photos Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Rich Owings Google community challenge to update 100,000 businesses Google My Business & Google Maps 0
cleverlyengaged Advice on Landmarks/POI/Unclaimed Google Map Locations? Google My Business & Google Maps 6