wehrlse1

Reaction score
Hello! I have a client whose 360 photo has been blurred by a malicious former customer. I reached out to Maps Community and Google, but they are unable to un-blur the image. I noticed that there is another street view photo displayed on the listing that has an un-blurred image of the office, but only if you click into the Street View & 360 category of the photos. Is there a way to replace the blurred image that is displayed on the SERP with the better image?
If I am unable to replace the photo, do you think leaving it like this is ok? I don't want to tell the client we should hire a 360 photographer if it is not something worth worrying about.
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 2.31.56 PM.png

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't want to tell the client we should hire a 360 photographer if it is not something worth worrying about.

That's exactly what I would do. Seems like a great opportunity to show off the office AND fix the blurred image issue.

I don't think there is a way to un-blur the image.

wehrlse1

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I know that the 360 photographer photos can cost up to $400 (or more) so I was worried to tell them to spend the money if there wasn't much benefit.

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I know that the 360 photographer photos can cost up to $400 (or more) so I was worried to tell them to spend the money if there wasn't much benefit.

$400?? I was thinking of taking such pictures for one of my projects but I couldn't even imagine that they are so expensive

raellovepie

Solutions
Reaction score
If you don't want to spend $400 for a 360 photographer.... You can actually do it your own from the Street View App. It's not as polished as using a 360 camera - but cheaper than $400.

Here's a helpful video tutorial:

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Yea, Google will not unblur it. You may be able to do the 360 yourself, but that may not connect it to maps.

This is the problem point, now a trusted photographer may be able to, I would ask them first. Contact Joe Danzer here he can probably help About Us - Advanced Online Insights

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
david.victor 360 photos with Street View app? Local Content 9
Jeffrey Listings showing in street view Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Street View & Street Name Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 3
V Google Street View Editing issue Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Bing Street View car on Family Guy Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
Grabgooglesgoogles Verified and optimised GMB listing doesn't show up on maps when viewing the street (unlike every other local business which does). Help & Support for Google Local 8
djbaxter Street view this, Google! Oh... and woof! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
B Google Street View App, Getting Google Street View Trusted Photographer Status Google Business View 13
bhartzer Google Street View App, Getting Google Street View Trusted Photographer Status Google My Business & Google Maps 13
L Updated google street view image for listing which is incorrect Local Search 8
James Watt Google Street View Update Schedule Google My Business & Google Maps 0
I How to update Street View image on GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
T Is Google's Street View | Trust Photographer Program Worth It? Google Business View 8
Travis Van Slooten Is Google's Street View | Trust Photographer Program Worth It? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Dustybones Google's "Street View Trusted" Launching Soon Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M Google Street View Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling Street name change Local Search 7
C Directories That Accept Citation Without Street Address? (Besides Google & Bing) Local Search 0
Martin Briggs Verified GMB listing with no street number - how to proceed? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Emulate Location to Street Level to Check Google Local Rankings - Chrome Extension Local SEO Tools & Software 2
petrakraft Address change of streets and numbers by the village government Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Sweeney Understanding How Google Maps Formats Street Addresses Along Highways Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D Street with 2 names in Google - Re Citations Citations 2
RR415 How does Google handle street name abbreviations? Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Local Search Webinar for Consultants: Selling to SMBs in 2015 from Street Fight Consultant's Corner 0
B rebranded, moved across the street, then expanded to neighboring space, and more! Moving or Name Changes 1
B rebranded, moved across the street, then expanded to neighboring space, and more! Moving or Name Changes 1
Amber Robinson Service Road vs Highway as Street name Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Pigeon, Mobile, User Centroid & Local Search Spend - David Mihm @ Street Fight Local Search 0
Linda Buquet The Year in Local Search: A Timeline of the Top Stories of 2014 - Street Fight Local Search 5
J Client moves office to a new location a few streets away Moving or Name Changes 6
Jo Shaer Client moves office to a new location a few streets away Moving or Name Changes 6
R New Dashboard - Should Addresses Display with Abbreviated Street Names? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Chris Ratchford What to do when street address in Google is different than physical location? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
R Verify Business Page, No Street Number Listed on Postcard Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Phil Rozek Street Address Showing Even When It's Been "Hidden" Service Area Businesses 9
P Street Address Showing Even When It's Been "Hidden" Service Area Businesses 9
R Could hiding a street address in G+ Local cause issues with scraper IYP sites? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Google Changed My Address (Street Name) Help & Support for Google Local 9
K Does Suite number before street address cause problems? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 23
K Does Suite number before street address cause problems? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 23
ganapathy Wix Platform From SEO point of view Websites, Software, and Security 4
C Lightning icon for new posts in mobile view Suggestions for the Local Search Forum 4
R Different Post views count on business.google.com dashboard vs API NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
H How would you interpret increasing discovery views, decreasing phone calls? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Tyler Hammer GMB Photo Views Dropped Sep 1st Help & Support for Google Local 8
georgenenni Free Chrome Extension for viewing GMB Categories NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 52
N Creating new location groups, does it affect other owners/managers' views? Multi-Location Issues 2
Ross Barefoot Limitations Viewing a Listing on Mobile with Firefox Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Callmenicholi You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. Contact Us Messages 2