More threads by travelincat

Reaction score
We have a client that has a claimed GMB page for his Bed & Breakfast. He also has a meditation retreat business that uses the B&B and the surrounding land for their business. The problem is that the GMB page is for both of his businesses, the name is like this on GMB :

My Bed And Breakfast/My Great Retreat

They share the same address, but have different names and different phone numbers.

I'm thinking of keeping the existing one that reflects the B&B's info, but changing the name to just the B&B. Then I would create a separate GMB page for the retreat.

Does this make sense or is there another way to go?

Thanks.

Hello,

As far as my knowledge goes on this particular issue, it's alright to have two different pages for two businesses that share the same physical address as long as you include: different phone numbers, different names, and different web domains. This will let Google know that they are indeed distinct businesses. In this case, your solution seems right.

Have a great day!

Yeah, you are on the right path. It’s really not a problem as long as each one has different business name, phone and website. When it comes to modifying your business name, just make sure to use the legal business name.

I'd also consider mining for and cleaning any major citations with the old merged name.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom