Jerem

Hello,

My client is a local Italian restaurant. As you imagine the goal is to rank on keywords like "pizzeria city District", "italian restaurant zip code" , etc... The GMB categories I use are : "Pizzeria" and "italian restaurant".

I'd like to know your opinions about url structures. Do you like to use exact match GMB category in the URL for this specific scenario : domain.com/gmb-category ? Or do you rather prefer using main keyword + city + district. In this case: domain.com/gmb-category-city-district ? Note that the homepage is mainly focused on brand name.

Thanks you

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Top Poster Of Month
@Jerem, the former: generally I suggest the URL slug is "category" rather than "category-city." Unless you have many locations, in which case the latter is a little more Google-friendly (even though it's unnecessary overall, and a bit clunky).

For a single-location restaurant it won't matter too much, because your homepage generally is your GMB landing page URL.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert