More threads by luischavez0104

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, we've been noticing that if a client does not complete a live video call to verify their GBP within a few weeks the option is no longer available on the profile. I've been trying to search to see if there was a specific time frame. Can anyone answer how long we have to complete the call before it is no longer available?
Thanks!

Thanks Joy, yup it is almost exactly 3 weeks. However, you can ask support to flip the video switch again.

Solution
Thanks Joy, yup it is almost exactly 3 weeks. However, you can ask support to flip the video switch again.

What happens after 3 weeks? Is another verification method offered? As an Agency, this video verification process is hugely cumbersome.... have to have a client employee on site that is tech savvy enough to log in to GBP, have all their ducks in a row, and then wait in the queue. Grrrrrr.......

Is this still the case? 3 week expiration then revert to postcard? many changes in the last few weeks

I let one sit for nearly 4 weeks and was never offered an alternative. Had to have my client do the video verification. Then is sat in a "pending" status for several days and when I reached out via support, they said they wouldn't verify for "reason A" so I rebutted "reason A" and now they are asking for "documentation B" which I'm still awaiting from the client. These video verifications are such a pain for Agencies - especially when our clients are far away from us and we have to rely on the client to muddle through it.

I let one sit for nearly 4 weeks and was never offered an alternative. Had to have my client do the video verification. Then is sat in a "pending" status for several days and when I reached out via support, they said they wouldn't verify for "reason A" so I rebutted "reason A" and now they are asking for "documentation B" which I'm still awaiting from the client. These video verifications are such a pain for Agencies - especially when our clients are far away from us and we have to rely on the client to muddle through it.

I agree! I wish there was a way to just decline the video and do the postcard. postcards are a pain but they're much easier for non marketing types to understand!

decrease in postcard verification being offered when compared to a month ago

I have experienced this too! I recently created a new listing and it wouldn't let me do a postcard verification. It had to be through a live video. Waiting in the que didn't work. Had to contact Google to set up a specific time to meet with a google representative to get it verified.

We've seen this too. For example, it asked for video verification. We did the video. Next day it asked for a video again, as if we did nothing (seen this happen more than once). Then, did the video again. A few days later got a call from google asking to setup a time for a live video. Process seems very buggy to me! I can't imagine a small business being able to figure this out without an agency to help them.

When Google started to favor video verification over postcard, we had our clients initiate the video calls on their end, and this resulted in a lot of issues. Mostly with Google's system not working. Now, for every video verification, I automatically tell Google support that instant video verification didn't work, so they will let us schedule a time instead. Doing video verifications at a scheduled time with a meeting link seems to be a lot more reliable.

For me, this is becoming an increasingly difficult issue because one of my clients opens new locations pretty frequently, so having to coordinate with each individual office on video verification and hope there are no issues is simply not feasible in the long-term.

And GMB customer service leaves much to be desired simply because I get the same scripted responses over and over again and I can only ever reach someone via email. Postcard verification wasn't perfect, but it was effective enough to verify well over 100 listings.

Google is obviously aware that there are agencies that work on behalf of these businesses, so I wish there was a more effective method they are mainstreaming that is also easier for us to facilitate with the business

Google is obviously aware that there are agencies that work on behalf of these businesses, so I wish there was a more effective method they are mainstreaming that is also easier for us to facilitate with the business

I agree! Very problematic when doing this for clients. Also, small business owners themselves are getting extremely lost trying to navigate video verify by themselves. Postcard pins was an easy concept for every business owner to understand. All this tech stuff with videos, not so much. Cmon google!

I have the phone verification, then on the next day the listing is unverified, then it wants a postcard...
And the postcard is not being delivered for more than a month...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom