More threads by luischavez0104

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, we've been running into issues where book now links are being added to our GBP and and our appointment link has been changed to a Thumbtack link which we did not set. We are able to change the "preferred link" for the appointment link but are unable to change the book now link since it's through 3rd party.
Has anyone seen an uptick of these changes in the past week?

Book now showing service titan site: Air inc

Book now going to Thumbtack even though there is no book now in the back end. We updated the appointment link but it's still showing.
Google Maps (see photo)

georgia-radon-issue.jpg

I would start by contacting Thumbtack directly to see why this is happening. I've seen this happen with other platforms like Zocdoc and the way to remove it was a setting inside Zocdoc.

I would start by contacting Thumbtack directly to see why this is happening. I've seen this happen with other platforms like Zocdoc and the way to remove it was a setting inside Zocdoc.

Thank you! I saw that there is a link to opt out. It looks like Thumbtack is adding the booking links as a free service that the user doesn't even have to opt in for.
Link to opt out

thumbtack.jpg

If only it were free :( Thumbtack will charge you as if they provided you with a lead. This is such a scam. For a direct lead from your profile, you will pay Thumbtack.
I am interested in questions for Google:
1. How can a third-party service add its information without my consent?!
2. Why can’t I delete this link in MY profile?!

If only it were free :( Thumbtack will charge you as if they provided you with a lead. This is such a scam. For a direct lead from your profile, you will pay Thumbtack.
I am interested in questions for Google:
1. How can a third-party service add its information without my consent?!
2. Why can’t I delete this link in MY profile?!

Hi, I agree with this completely! As of now, I think the only way to opt out is by filling out this form: Thumbtack Google Reserve Opt-Out

We had this happen for all our clients in the spring of this year. We use GoHighLevel and connected it to their GBP. Then Google just added these links, and we had to work with the software developers to have some control over which calendars were linked from Google because at first there was no control and it has to be done on their end, not Google's. I think it's ridiculous that there is no control from the Google profile

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom