More threads by Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm not sure how many healthcare wizards are on here, but I need your help. We have a client in New York named The Ophthalmic Center. This is their profile on eyedoctor.io: The Ophthalmic Center - Eye Care Clinic in East Setauket, NY. As you can see, the practice is listed as an Optometrist Center instead of an Ophthalmic Center. This same issue is happening on other NPI sites as well. I checked their Taxonomy records, and Ophthalmology is listed as their primary one. Any thoughts on why eyedoctors.io and other NPI sites are listing this practice as an optometrist instead of an ophthalmologist?

Thanks

@Jeffrey, if past experience is any guide, I'd wager that's coming from HIPAASpace:

@Phil Rozek how would you go about fixing the information on HIPAASpace? HIPAASpace says they pull all their data straight from NPPES and in order to update any information I would need to update it on NPPES. The thing is, NPPES has it right, they list his primary taxonomy as Ophthalmology. I've gone ahead and resynced his HIPAASpace profile with NPPES. So hopefully this will fix it? Would you do anything else?
Thanks

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom