More threads by Linda Buquet

There is currently NO WAY to do so. The feature will be added sooner rather than later but for now you just have to wait.

Mike thanks so much for stopping by with answers. Really appreciate it.

i recall reading that multiple owners are not going to be allowed.

Colan - why would you be claiming a listing that is already claimed?

Hey Guys - Joel just asked for an example of a Canadian listing upgraded to the new Dashboard. Can you post the URL here?

I assumed Colan meant a listing was live and unclaimed on maps and he was trying to claim it, but maybe I assumed wrong.

Yes guys, Joel needing Canadian examples/links. Thanks for posting Keenan! I've been trying to make my way here to mention that.

I assumed Colan meant a listing was live and unclaimed on maps and he was trying to claim it, but maybe I assumed wrong.

Yes guys, Joel needing Canadian examples/links. Thanks for posting Keenan! I've been trying to make my way here to mention that.

Your assumption is correct :)

I don't have a Canadian example, sorry.

Seeing a trend here .... can I assume it's a Canadian business? Today I came across a second client with the new dashboard, and it was Canadian, as well as the first one.

New users -- with US-based IPs -- may be granted access the new interface as it rolls out more broadly. If these users happen to have a non-US business already created in Google+, it may appear in their dashboard; however, new listing creation is limited to US-based addresses.

Also, Offers and AdWords Express may not be ready for prime time for non-US listings. If you're seeing issues, feel free to send us feedback by clicking the Send Feedback link at the bottom of the page. We'll review all these reports for any potential bugs.

Thanks so much for stopping by to clarify Joel!

"You should be managing no other pages in your Google+ account. If you have other pages which you wish to continue managing, you should hang tight until the Google+ upgrade is available to you." Hang tight? Days? Weeks? Months?

Alternatives? Suggestions?

No timeline. It is being actively developed, however.

---------- Post Merged at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Just a note that the rollout of the new interface is to new users first, and then we'll start migrating current accounts.

Jade just let us know that the new dashboard is now available for new US users.

More updates should be coming soon here or at the Google forum. Watch for stickies there too in case I'm not able to post.

Just made an interesting discovery, hopefully just a hiccup in the transition process. I was setting up a client who has their business in the USA, and I am in Canada.

On the "Let's search for your business. Enter your details here."screen, it only has the option to select the United States for your Country, however, it only gave me the option to add a Canadian province, no option to add a State :confused:

Any fellow Canadians running into this?

Hey Colan,

No I haven't noticed this yet. We're in Canada as well and we just claimed a listing for a new client who had a Canadian business and I was still getting the old dashboard. Even after verifying the listing via Google phone call it's still the old listing so not sure when Canadians will get the roll out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Andrew. I haven't had a chance to set-up a Canadian client in the last couple weeks so I have no feedback on that yet.

Still perplexed about the issue we experienced setting up the last American client from a Canadian IP address though. REALLY hoping it's just a bump in the road, and nothing permanent.

---------- Post Merged at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Here's a picture of what I'm referring to:

new google places dashboard.jpg

new google places dashboard.jpg

Thanks for the update Andrew. I haven't had a chance to set-up a Canadian client in the last couple weeks so I have no feedback on that yet.

Still perplexed about the issue we experienced setting up the last American client from a Canadian IP address though. REALLY hoping it's just a bump in the road, and nothing permanent.

---------- Post Merged at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Here's a picture of what I'm referring to:

Hurley Insights061513.jpg

Colan could it be that the account you're using has a location of Canada therefore Google won't allow you to set up the feature?

Great thought Andrew :)

As far as I can tell, it was set to United States. I didn't set-up the account personally but it should have been.

I was trying to see where you can confirm this within the account. Do you know where you can navigate to within the Google account in order to see that piece of info?

Just had a client we had their listing in a master account and I wanted to get it listed and claimed under their business account. Prior to the new rollout when I moved accounts out of the master I would just do the search in the new account and find and edit the business and get the postcard sent then remove it from the master dashborad so it was not claimed twice. However I just tried this for another client and they were given access to the new dashboard and when I did the search it did not pop up the option to grab the existing listing but had me put all the info in and then just popped right into the new dashboard asking for verification.

I am worried if I follow through now it will create a duplicate listing so am not verifying. Does anyone know anything about this?

Grant,

I experienced the same thing the other day. Entered the contact info for the business I wanted to claim and it didn't bring up any options to claim an existing listing, even though it existed in Google Maps.

I think it might be too early to worry about it. Google mentioned somewhere recently that the new dash should help with the whole duplicate situation. This remains to be seen, of course.

I am worried if I follow through now it will create a duplicate listing so am not verifying. Does anyone know anything about this?

I experienced the same thing the other day. Entered the contact info for the business I wanted to claim and it didn't bring up any options to claim an existing listing, even though it existed in Google Maps.

Did you try the option I mentioned in a post earlier in this thread (below) by using the "Manage this page" button on the live listing?

If it hasn't been claimed, does the "Manage this page" button appear on the live listing? I noticed that with mine, it didn't appear, possibly because I had already claimed it, implying that the feature that doesn't allow dual control could be active already. If that button is there for yours, I'm assuming you proceeded with trying that next...

I thought this was an interesting touch to the new places dashboard. Google will tell you what you need to add in order to make the listing 100% complete.

new places dash complete.jpg

new places dash complete.jpg

Hello all!

In the new Google Places Dashboard, we can add links and rich text. It also appears that there isn't a character limit to description anymore... (continued at link below)

EDIT BY LINDA: Rachel's questions that followed were too good to be buried on page 3 of the original announcement so Colan suggested we split off into new thread and I agreed. Please see Rachel's full post and discuss here: http://localsearchforum.catalystema...ons-re-new-places-dashboard-descriptions.html

On another note, my team finally came across the seamless upgrade to Plus from Places last week that has been alluded to for the past many months. Blumenthal posted the announcement a couple weeks ago, but we've seen it now in the wild, and it's actually more seamless than we could even imagine!

Here's how it works: if you have a claimed listing in the new Places dashboard, but nothing in Plus, you'll see a widget that says "Start Now" where you would normally see "Open" if a Plus page existed.
Places-Dashboard-with-Plus-Widget.jpg
Once you click "Start Now," wait a few seconds, then it will bring you to your page formerly known as a Places page, and it will have all the social features available. As can be predicted, the Google account which houses the Places page must have an individual Google+ profile before taking part in this snazzy upgrade.

Places-Dashboard-with-Plus-Widget.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom